Advertising “Atithi Devo Bhavo” in Odia TV Channels
On 6.5.16, RTI Application was submitted to PIO, Dept. of Tourism & Culture (Tourism), Govt. of Odisha seeking information about details of “Atithi Devo Bhavo” programme conceptualised, procedure followed for awarding various TV channels, total amount paid to different TV channels for telecasting “Atithi Devo Bhavo” . On 23.6.16, the PIO has supplied the following information.
1. The objective of the programme is to educate the service providers like Taxi Rickshaw Puller, Hawkers etc. as well as general public while dealing with visitors and tourists. It also targets public on preservation & protection of historical site and monuments. This programme was conceptualised on the basis of the Incredible India Campaign of “ Atithi Devo Bhavo”.
2. On 15.9.10, an Expression of Interest was floated in print media “SAMAJA” and “Dharitri” and “Indian Express” inviting Odia TV Network to offer their production and telecast quotation for educative ad films / slots campaign for Odisha Tourism. This campaign should include production of ads, small documentaries, web campaign with an intention to sensitise different stakeholders involved in producing services / hospitality to the tourists visiting Odisha.
3. O TV, ETV, Kamayab, Kanak and Naxatra applied for the programme. All five bidders were selected in Technical bid and called for presentation before the selection committee on 4.2.11. Out of five bibbers, 3 were present for discussion such as ETV, OTV and Kanak TV.
4. The Committee recommends ETV for Rs. 25.00 lakh package, OTV for Rs. 20.00 lakh package and Kanak TV for Rs. 10.00 lakh Package for production and telecasting of Odisha Toursim Ad films/ slots in their local Odia TV Network in the approach of Incredible India “ Atithi Devo Bhava”
5. Total amount of Rs. 1.10 crores has been released to these TV channels in two phases in 2010-11 and 2012-13.